MAPH Information & Requirements
The Master of Arts in Public History is a 36-credit-hour program that offers students optimal guidance in theory and practice. Courses are scheduled in the evening, allowing students the opportunity to continue working while they pursue the degree.
Outside the classroom, students participate in community-based projects, giving them the opportunity to build a strong, professional portfolio. A capstone project serves as the culminating experience.
The GRE is NOT required for admission into the Master of Arts in Public History program.
To be considered for admission, you will need the following:
- Application for admission from NKU Graduate Studies.
- Bachelor degree in history or related field from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work. Institute must send transcripts directly to NKU Office of Graduate Programs.
- Two letters of reference from persons qualified to evaluate your potential for successful performance in the graduate program. A recommendation form from the Graduate Programs website must accompany each letter.
- Letter of intent between 500 and 1,000 words that describes any relevant educational background, experience and skills while also explaining your interest in public history.