What is Required?
Students seeking the Bachelor of Arts degree in Integrative Studies (BAIS) must complete all NKU graduation requirements including:
- General education requirements should be completed in the first 60 hours of college-level work
- 45 hours of upper-division coursework
- A minimum of 120 credit hours
- A minimum 2.0 GPA and a "C" or better (does not include "C-") in each course for major
In addition, this program requires students to complete minors or focus areas in four disciplinary or interdisciplinary programs. The requirements for a minor in any program are listed in the relevant department’s pages in the catalog. A focus area is defined as 12 credit hours at the 300 level or above in any disciplinary or interdisciplinary program (major or minor). The four areas of study must include:
- At least two areas from the College of Arts and Sciences.
- At least 45 credit hours in courses at the 300 level or above.
We also require IST 494, the capstone course, which involves both a portfolio of artifacts (work samples from each of the four disciplines studied) and an integrative final project.